Join our Candle Making + Dispatch Team
Field Day is looking for an energetic, fast paced and motivated person to join our small team on a part-time basis making candles and dispatching orders. You’ll learn to be a chandler (candle maker) with us and be part of our process from start to finish; from hand pouring our award-winning candles to packing and dispatching orders to our FieldDay fans all over the world. Oh, and you’ll also go home everyday smelling AWESOME.
If you love scented candles and believe this job description suits you, we would love to hear from you!
Candle Making experience is not necessary, as training will be provided. If you do have experience, please let us know in your application.
Start Date April 2021
Location FieldDay HQ, 19a Monlough Road West, Moneyreagh, BT23 6ND
Days 2-3 Days per week
Hours 8am -4pm
Pay Competitive Hourly Rate
- Perform all steps of the candle and diffuser making process from start to finish
- This includes wicking the jars, pouring, finishing, labelling, cleaning and inspecting candles and diffusers with aesthetic care
- Calculate and mix fragrance, wax and materials
- Working with industrial equipment
- Working closely with our Operations Manager
- Keep stock and warehouse organised & tidy
- Be willing to jump into other operational areas as needed
- Labelling and boxing of products ready for dispatch
- Part of our busy dispatch team fulfilling customer and stockist orders
- Use our dispatch software to process orders
You will be a great for the role if you have
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication
- Fast, fun and friendly attitude
- Good hand-eye co-ordination
- Physical strength, ability to lift 25kg
- Passion for small-business artisan products
- Tech savvy skills and IT literate
- Physical ability to work at a rapid pace on feet
- Good basic math skills for calculating wax and fragrance formulas
- A steady hand and a good sense of smell!
- Staff discount on all products
- Fast, fun and friendly work environment
- Learn the craft of candle making
- And of course, make candles and get paid!
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we’d love you hear from you. Please get in touch with your CV before March 30th and a note explaining your interest and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
FieldDay is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.