Join our Candle Making + Dispatch Team
Would you like to learn the art of candle making? We're looking for an energetic, fast paced and motivated person to join our small team on a part-time basis making candles and dispatching orders. You’ll learn to be a chandler (candle maker) with us and be part of our process from start to finish; from hand pouring our award-winning candles to packing and dispatching orders to our FieldDay fans and stockists all over the world. Oh, and you’ll also go home everyday smelling AWESOME.
Candle Making experience is not necessary, as training will be provided. If you do have experience, please let us know in your application.
Start Date ASAP!
Location FieldDay HQ, 19a Monlough Road West, Moneyreagh, BT23 6ND
Hours 8am- 4pm
Days 3 Days per week with scope to increase to 5 days during busy times. Permanent Role.
Pay £10.50 per hour. Opportunity for increased hourly rate after 6 months
For twenty years, our small team have been proudly making and dispatching scented candles and collections from our fragrant factory in the heart of the countryside. Whilst we’re older (hopefully wiser 😉too) we’re more passionate than ever about our great Irish outdoors. We’re proud to be a sustainable small business, ensuring all our collections are vegan and plastic free and re-purposing factory waste. We've continued to grow year after year and are excited to expand our team, so come join a creative business that’s growing in all the right places!
- Learn the candle and diffuser making process from start to finish
- This includes wicking the jars, pouring, finishing, labelling, cleaning and inspecting candles and diffusers with aesthetic care
- Calculate and mix fragrance, wax and materials
- Working with industrial equipment
- Working closely with our Operations Manager
- Keep stock and warehouse organised & tidy
- Be willing to jump into other operational areas as needed
- Labelling and boxing of products ready for dispatch
- Part of our busy dispatch team fulfilling customer and stockist orders
- Use our dispatch software to process orders
You'll be a great fit for the role if you have
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication
- Fast, fun and friendly attitude
- Good hand-eye co-ordination
- Physical strength, ability to lift 25kg
- Passion for small-business artisan products
- Tech savvy skills and IT literate
- Physical ability to work at a rapid pace on feet
- Good basic maths skills for calculating wax and fragrance formulas
- A steady hand and a good sense of smell!
- Have a passion for small business
- Staff discount on all products
- Opportunity to develop and progress the role into other areas
- Fast, fun and friendly work environment
- Learn the craft of candle making
- Make candles and get paid!
How to apply
If this sounds like your kind of thing, then we’d love to you hear from you! Please get in touch with your CV and a note explaining your interest and any relevant experience to email@example.com before Tuesday 9th May 2023.
Team FieldDay x
FieldDay is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.